The History of Aarhus University
A young, growing university
The first step in the history of Aarhus University was taken in hired premises on 11 September 1928, when “University Studies in Jutland” was inaugurated with 64 students enrolled. The combined staff consisted of one professor and four senior associate professors. In 2012, the entire Aarhus University had approximately 42,000 students and 7,500 members of staff (full-time equivalent).