Full Professorships in the fields of Marketing and Corporate Communication 878829
The Department of Management at Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University, invites applications for positions as full professorships in the fields of Marketing and Corporate Communication. The professorships are full-time and indefinite positions to commence by the fall semester 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter subject to mutual agreement.
The department covers a range of fields in management, e.g. marketing, corporate communication, international business, organization, HR, strategy, management accounting, innovation management, entrepreneurship and information systems.
The successful applicant is expected to contribute significantly to the department’s research and teaching environment and to promoting the overall research strategy of the Department.
You are expected to teach and supervise students at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level and to carry out individual and group-based research of the highest international standard, contributing to the development of our academic field.
Applicants should have a strong academic background as associate professor or equivalent and must be able to demonstrate to have made significant contributions to developments in the field. Qualifications must be documented by a number of published contributions of international standard. In addition, management skills as well as strong teaching qualifications would be desirable. The applicant's potential for undertaking the special responsibilities in relation to the position is of particular relevance.
The applicant must have demonstrated research leadership and administrative skills, e.g. in attracting external funding, as well as having human resource management experience in connection with international research projects and industry cooperation. Equally important, the applicant must be able to provide quality teaching both at the undergraduate and the graduate level and must be committed to develop the study programs. The applicant must have experience with talent development such as the supervision of doctoral students, organising and implementing courses for young scholars as well as the desire to become involved in developing the departments doctoral programme and in general supporting our young scholars. Finally, the applicant must participate in and support the department’s efforts to extend knowledge exchange with the surrounding society by engaging actively with industry stakeholders.
Permanent employment as professor at Aarhus BSS requires completion of the supervision course and also the course Blended Learning – Go Online provided by Centre for Teaching and Learning
at Aarhus BSS. If the candidate has not completed the courses before commencement of employment, continued employment will be conditional on completion of the courses within a five year period.
Who we are
The Department of Management is one of the seven departments at Aarhus BSS
, one of the four faculties at Aarhus University. Aarhus BSS unites the business and social science-related research fields and brings them closer together to reflect the close relationship between society and the business community. As part of a Top 100 university, Aarhus BSS, and specifically the Department of Management, has achieved the distinguished AASCB, AMBA and Equis accreditations.
The department’s research and teaching environment is highly international and culturally diverse with a mix of Danish and international academic staff members and PhD students. We employ more than 150 academic staff including researchers, PhD students, research associates and cover a broad range of disciplines within management. We aim to conduct high-quality research, and we give high priority to publishing our research in leading academic journals and presenting it at recognized conferences. In addition, we have a dynamic exchange of international researchers, who stay at the department for short or long periods of time.
For more information about the Department of Management, please visit: http://mgmt.au.dk/
For further information about the position and the department, please contact Head of Department, Jacob Kjær Eskildsen, Tel.: +45 3160 8100, E-mail: email@example.com.
For further assistance with upload of your application and questions to the recruitment process, please contact HR supporter, Frederik Sørensen, Tel.: +45 8715 3445, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
International applicant? Find information about entering and working in Denmark here
Aarhus BSS refers to the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Danish Universities (the Appointment Order).
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. AC.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities .
- Further information on the application and supplementary materials may be found in Applicant Guidelines.
- Teaching portfolio, degree certificate (copy), curriculum vitae, complete list of publications (including annotations for not enclosed items) and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any) must be submitted with the application together with no more than 10 selected publications. Please note that co-authorship statements including detailed information on applicant's contribution must be enclosed for joint research.
- Scientific publications and other application material which cannot be uploaded together with the application can be sent in hard copy (5 copies) by surface mail to Aarhus BSS HR & PhD, Aarhus School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Taasingegade 1, building 1447, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark and must have reached the office no later than the application deadline. All hard copy application material must be marked with the ID number in the email you receive after having submitted the online application.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Read more about the professorship policy and guidelines for assessment committess at Aarhus BSS here: Professorship policy at Aarhus BSS
and Assessment committee guidelines and documents
Alle ansøgninger skal være lavet online og modtaget senest:
Søg stilling online her
Aarhus Universitet er et moderne, fagligt bredt og forskningsintensivt universitet med høj kvalitet
i uddannelse og forskning og et stærkt engagement i samfundsudviklingen nationalt og globalt.
Universitetet tilbyder et inspirerende uddannelses- og forskningsmiljø
for 42.500 studerende og 11.500 medarbejdere og har et årligt budget på 6,3 mia. kr.
Læs mere på www.au.dk.