Ansøgningsfrist 21. mar 23:59 CET
Forventet start 1. maj
Institut for Klinisk Medicin - Molekylær Medicinsk afdeling (MOMA) Brendstrupgårdsvej 21A 8200 Aarhus N
Tidsbegrænset fuldtidsstilling 1. maj 2023 - 30. apr 2026 ID: 11455
The position is a 3 year full-time position, starting 1 May 2023, or as soon as possible thereafter.
About the research projectThe Lindbjerg Group pioneers approaches for non-invasive molecular diagnostics for cancer, primarily based on next-generation sequencing (NGS) of circulating cell-free tumor DNA (ctDNA). Led by Professor Claus Lindbjerg Andersen and a team of experienced translational genomics scientists, the lab studies large collections of plasma and other samples from cancer patients through an extensive portfolio of clinical studies and collaborations. The group directs the Danish National Center for Circulating Tumor DNA Guided Cancer Treatment (ctdna.dk) aiming to facilitate the implementation of ctDNA guided cancer management in Denmark. In addition, we are involved in EU consortia with similar goals centered around moving ctDNA into daily clinical use.
The group develops ctDNA detection tools spanning from droplet digital PCR (ddPCR) to genome-wide and targeted, cancer-centered next generation sequencing (NGS) methods. We are working on maturating these methods into clinical use through a range of translational studies aiming at demonstrating their utility. We further explore the biophysical properties of ctDNA to study its origins and interactions. The group is a dynamic mix of molecular biologists, bioinformaticians and clinical fellows providing a unique environment for development and learning in cancer genomics and translational research, with a strong focus on clinical application.
Your job responsibilitiesCirculating cell free tumor DNA (ctDNA) has during the last decade emerged as a revolutionizing, non-invasive biomarker for cancer in a range of clinical settings, including early detection, residual disease monitoring and during chemo- and immunotheray treatment. Therefore, new technologies for more sensitive and accurate ctDNA detection is rapidly evolving.
The overall aim of the project is to develop frameworks facilitating a faster and more robust introduction of ctDNA detection into practice-changing, clinical use.
Your primary responsibilities will be focused on leading the Danish National Center for Circulating Tumor DNA Guided Cancer Treatment's efforts to develop and implement a national framework for standardizing ddPCR and NGS based ctDNA detection in clinical settings. In parallel with this, you will be responsible for working with our European collaborators to develop ctDNA reference samples, and use this to evaluate the clinical applicability of ctDNA technologies.
You will work in close collaborations with our department's research biotechnologists, with members of the ctDNA center, as well as with international partners.
Your main tasks will consist of:
- Developing artificial standard DNA materials that can be used as a common reference set across different ctDNA detection technologies and laboratories.
- Be responsible for benchmarking of commercial ctDNA technologies including both the laboratory parts and analyzing results.
- Developing "best practice" guidelines for conduction of ctDNA detection in order to facilitate the use of ctDNA at research and hospital laboratories.
- Developing and conducting national quality assurance programs for ctDNA detection.
- Developing a national quality and certification standard for ctDNA detecting.
- Reporting the results of your work in workshops in the ctDNA center to disseminate ctDNA knowledge and knowhow, as well as in international research papers.
- Together with a PI, be responsible for a ctDNA guided clinical trial
You will report to Group leader Professor Claus Lindbjerg Andersen (email@example.com).
The ideal candidate
- Has a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Molecular Medicine or equivalent.
- Has experience with NGS and ddPCR.
- Has an interest in cancer biology and liquid biopsy.
- Can plan and perform experiments in the laboratory in a systematic and methodical way.
- Can do data analyses of large genomics data using programming languages (e.g. bash, Python or R).
- Is motivated for independent and systematic work, and can take ownership of her/his work, and do the interpretation and presentation of results.
- Is a team player with good collaborative as well as communicational skills.
- Can speak and write English.
In order to be assessed as qualified for a Postdoc position, you must meet these academic criteria.
Questions about the positionIf you have any questions about the position, please contact Associate Professor Mads Heilskov Rasmussen, +45 60467178.
Shortlisting will be used.
Terms of employment
- Appointment as a postdoc requires academic qualifications at PhD level.
- Further information on the appointment procedure can be found in the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
- The appointment is in accordance with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (Akademikerne).
- Remuneration is in accordance with the above, and the Salary agreement catalogue for staff at Health.
- The yearly base salary for a fulltime postdoc is between DKK 475.113,77 and DKK 528.595,68 depending on the years of working experience after achieved MSc degree. The base salary includes a position related supplement and pension (17.1 %). Additional supplement(s) for special qualifications can be negotiated. Authorisation supplemement(s) will be granted, if relevant for the position. Your local eligible trade union representative at Aarhus University negotiates your salary on your behalf.
- Researchers recruited from abroad are offered a special researcher tax scheme with a lower tax rate.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job description can be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff
Your application must include the following:
- Motivated application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Template for applicant - postdoc
- A list of publications
- A teaching portfolio. We refer to Guideline on the use of teaching portfolios
- A maximum of five of the publications of greatest relevance to the job may be submitted (optional)
- Research plan can be uploaded (optional)
- Coauthor statement(s) can be uploaded (optional)
- References/recommendations can be uploaded separately in the e-recruitment system (optional)
The assessment committee may decide to include non-submitted material in its statement. In such cases, you will be informed and obliged to submit material, unless your application is withdrawn.
Aarhus University’s ambition is to be an attractive and inspiring workplace for all and to foster a culture in which each individual has opportunities to thrive, achieve and develop. We view equality and diversity as assets, and we welcome all applicants.
Letter of referenceIf you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Aarhus University offers a broad variety of services for international researchers and accompanying families, including relocation service and career counselling to expat partners. Please find more information about entering and working in Denmark here. Aarhus University also has a Junior Researcher Development Programme. You can read more about it here.
The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment system, which can be accessed under the job advertisement on Aarhus University's website.
Spørgsmål til stillingen?
Mads Heilskov Rasmussen Lektor, Institut for Klinisk Medicin - Molekylær Medicinsk afdeling (MOMA) firstname.lastname@example.org
Spørgsmål til ansøgning og proces?
Administrationscenter Health - Health HR +4551462661 email@example.com